5 Tips for When Injecting Eye Drops
In this article, you will learn about the 5 tips for when injecting eye drops. Eye drops help replace your eye’s natural moisture when your eyes aren’t making enough on their own. Artificial tears and eye drops help to relieve dryness and irritation, promoting comfort. Eyes that are burning or stinging can get relief, even if it is only the temporary kind. During allergy season, this can mean the difference between complete misery and moderate comfort. It belongs to a class of drugs known as sympathomimetic amines. It works by temporarily narrowing the blood vessels in the eye. Some brands of tetrahydrozoline eye drops may contain lubricants. Lubricants help protect the eyes from more irritation and dryness.
Eye Drops have a Lot of Surprising Uses and Some of these Include –
Eye drops with tetrahydrozoline may make your eyes look less red because they reduce the blood flow. However, drops with tetrahydrozoline may also cut nutrients and oxygen to your eyes, which can cause dryness and irritation, leaving you more bloodshot than before. As an alternative, try artificial tears for dryness.
A recent study showed that the use of allergy eye drops may also be helpful for the relief of nasal allergy symptoms. The eye drops treated symptoms of eye allergies and also helped relieve various symptoms of nasal allergies, including nasal congestion, runny nose, itchy nose, ears, and mouth.
When you inject eye drops onto your eyes, you’re most probably not doing it in the right way.
So, Here are 5 Tips –
1. Preparing the Drops :
• Always wash your hands before handling your eye drops or touching your eyes.
• If you’re wearing contact lenses, take them out — unless your ophthalmologist has told you to leave them in.
• Shake the drops vigorously before using them.
• Remove the cap of the eye drop medication.
• Do not touch the dropper tip.
2. How to Use Ointments :
• Place one drop or a little ointment inside your lower lid. Don’t let the tip of the bottle or tube touch your eye.
• Blink and dab away any extra fluid with a tissue.
• If you have both drops and ointment, use the drops first. If you don’t, the ointment may keep the eye drops from being absorbed.
• If you have more than one type of drop, wait about 5 minutes after the first medicine before you use the second.
3. How much should you
• Squeeze the bottom of the upturned dropper to release a SINGLE drop into the eye. If you think that you have missed, another drop may be used. Release the lower lid and gently close eyelid for 30 seconds (do NOT squeeze lids closed). Dab excess with
• Squeeze the bottom of the upturned dropper to release a SINGLE drop into the eye. If you think that you have missed, another drop may be used. Release the lower lid and gently close eyelid for 30 seconds (do NOT squeeze lids closed). Dab excess with tissue.
4. How to use? :
• Don’t touch the bottle to your eye or eyelid. This can give bacteria or other contaminants a chance to grow in your eye drops.
• Tilt your head back slightly and look up. Some people find it helpful to focus on a specific point on the ceiling.
• Use one hand to pull your lower eyelid down, away from the eye. This forms a pocket to catch the drop.
• Hold the dropper tip directly over the eyelid pocket.
• Squeeze the bottle gently and let the eye drop fall into the pocket.
5. How to land the drop in the eye? :
• With your head turned to the side or lying on your side, close your eyes. Place a drop in the inner corner of your eyelid (the side closest to the bridge of your nose). By opening your eyes slowly, the drop should fall right into your eye.
• If you are still not sure the drop actually got in your eye, put in another drop. The eyelids can hold only about one drop, so any excess will just run out of the eye. It is better to have excess run out than to not have enough medication in your eye.
Want to have your eyes checked? Looking for the Eye Hospital in Lucknow ? There’s a one stop solution to all your eye related health issues, Chandra Super Speciality Eye Hospital.
At Chandra we always strive to provide the best in the World Class Compassionate, Comprehensive and cutting Edge Super Speciality eye care facility at an affordable cost by following Evidence Based Medicine and Internationally Acclaimed Preferred Practice Pattern. Our hospital is a 30 bedded Eye & Maternity centre situated in the heart of Gomti Nagar, Lucknow with hospital area of 20000 sq ft. It is equipped with all the modern facilities viz.